Some Key Statistics that impact childcare services:
- The number of families with both parents working is increasing, currently more than 60 % of families have two working parents.
- There are more than a million one-parent families this is 16 % of all families. This family structure not only drives the demand for childcare but for more cost-effective services with flexible hours and rates.
- The growing urban lifestyle influences positively the demand for childcare facilities as people are becoming aware of the benefits to infants, toddlers, and children in the early childhood stage.
Together with an increase in demand and changes in government regulations, family expectations and needs are also changing. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic and a post-pandemic world the needs and concerns of families are expected to be further disrupted. Compliance around hygiene and health will also grow in cost.
Childcare service providers find themselves in the middle of changing expectations and requirements that make it crucial to understand these changing needs and build a more efficient process to service these needs and the market.
The childcare industry is embracing new opportunities to drive improved family experience together with value-added services.
Key challenges and opportunities in childcare:
- How to increase brand advocacy through customer-focused quality services
- How to service best in class care and most appropriate care to retain families and reduce controllable churn
- How to differentiate with relevant value-added services or propositions
- How to attract and enrolment to maintain sustainable occupancy levels
- How to attract and retain good staff and reduce staff churn
- How to make large capital investments in expansion and growth more effective
Real-time insights through both a Voice of Customer and a Voice of Employee programs are enabling childcare providers to capture family and employee feedback along the journey. This also allows the service to quickly and appropriately address concerns and recover bad experiences. It is helping improve understanding of the family and employee expectations as well as validate the key business investments and grow business in this ever-changing environment.
Leading childcare providers in the region are looking at growing this capability to use more real-time data insights to effectively manage their business operations and growth.
If you would like to learn more about how to design, implement, and embed and impact customer insights program in your childcare service please feel free to get in touch.